1. Request the template file "PartNumberStructure.xlsx" from us.
- There should be four tabs in the template.
- Overview, Provides brief instructions for template use as well as the document version number.
- PartNumbers, Where all of your individual part number information will go.
- BillOfMaterials, Where all of the bill of materials relationships information is located.
- DrawingsAlternate, Where any extra drawings you want connected are located.
2. Replace the example information with your data.
- Leave all of the template tabs intact with their names unchanged.
- Leave headers unchanged on all tabs.
- Make sure you do not have any duplicate part numbers with the same revision level.
3. This is how the template file looks with the sample data included.
- Overview tab
- PartNumbers tab
4. Save and close the template file.
5. Open Drawing Navigator.
6. Click "Tools" in the menu bar.
7. Click "Options" in the dropdown menu.
8. Select "External Connections" in the list on the left side of the window.
9. Click the "Load Data" button in the "Spreadsheet Database" group.
10. In the file selection window that appears, select the template file that you have filled out.
11. Click the "Open" button at the bottom of the dialog window.
12. Wait while Drawing Navigator processes and imports your data.
13. A successful import will display a green checkmark and "Data loaded." message.
14. If there are errors the data will not be imported and a red X will appear along with a "Data not loaded. See log for details." message
15. Correct the errors listed in the log and repeat the process.