This guide will walk you through connecting the Drawing Navigator to the directory where your PDF drawings are located.
1. Locate the directory where your drawings are located.
- For this example I will use the example directory "C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\drawings\"
- In this folder I have my test drawing named 1015_0.pdf
2. Determine the naming structure of your drawings.
- In my example the drawings are named as <part number> _ <part revision>.pdf
3. Open Drawing Navigator.
4. Click "Tools" in the menu bar.
5. Click "Options".
6. Click "File Locations".
6.1 You should be at this screen.
7. Paste or type the drawing directory into the "Drawing path:" text box.
7.1 Alternately you can click the … button to the right of the Drawing Path box and select the directory.
8. Add the template that describes how your PDF drawings are named.
8.1 <PN> is the entire part number.
8.2 <R> is the revision.
8.3 <PN,start,length> is a portion of the part number.
8.4 You can add separator characters, like the underscore _ shown in this example.
Example template for entire part number included in drawing filename.
Example template for partial part number included in drawing filename.
9. After your template is created click the Add button to insert it into the directory list.
9.1 To delete a template location, select it in the directory list and then click the Delete button.
9.2 To show the Example part number below the drawing path box, select a template in the directory list and it will show up to help you check your template formatting.
9.3 Click the Ok button at the bottom of the options screen.
10. For this example my drawing path template would look like the following.
10.1 Make sure to include the file extension ".pdf ".
11. Click "Add" to save the current drawing path template.
12. If you need to delete a drawing path select it in the list and click the "Delete" button.
13. To see an example of your template select it in the list and the Example box at the bottom will display.
14. Repeat the above steps for every directory where your drawings are located.
15. Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
16. Type in a part number into the search bar at the top left of the screen.
17. Click the search icon, the magnifying glass, or press "Enter" on your keyboard, and the drawing will appear.
18. You have now successfully added your drawing directories.